VGM Group Inc. has released, “Know Your Options: A Guide to Home Care Products and Home Accessibility,” a 32-page, customizable guide to help HME providers educate patients. Specifically, the guide provides:
• A plan-and-learn section, aimed at creating educated shoppers.
• Equipment options in many categories, complete with product descriptions and suggested accessories.
• A colorful center section that illustrates that product doesn’t have to be cold metal or hospital white.
• Information on Medicare and insurance, which can be used to stimulate further discussion between provider and customers.
• Home modification basics.
“Our new Guide to Home Care Products and Home Accessibility is an excellent way for providers to communicate the range of options that exist for those who need the help of assistive medical devices in order to live a quality life in their homes,” said VGM CFO Mike Mallaro – a leader of the project – in a prepared statement. “It is filled with educational information for consumers, caregivers and referral sources.”
Mallaro says the guide “goes further,” by telling patients about assistive devices and accessories that make life a little easier. “We think this is critical because most consumers have no idea what their options are in this area,” he said. “The publication also offers a Medicare reimbursement guide, assessment tools, home modification ideas and lots of product images. The Guide will supplement the retail side of the HME business and can be a great marketing tool for referral sources.”
The guides may be personalized using label templates designed by VGM. With an order for 500 guides, which costs $650 plus shipping, providers will receive 10 setups (magazine stands with a label, letters for referral sources, reference sheets and call-back cards). Orders are shipped within 24 hours. VGM members can call Mary Avenanti, 800-799-7402, or their member service representative to order the booklets.