Nominations Open for 2017 HME Woman of the Year Award
Program recognizes women who are strong industry supporters; VGM Group accepting nominations through August 14.
- By Leila Meyer
- Jul 13, 2017
The VGM Group has opened nominations for its second annual HME Woman of the Year Award, which honors women who have demonstrated a strong commitment to quality health care and the HME industry.
Nominations are open to any woman who works in the HME industry. The organizers encourage industry stakeholders to nominate a peer, or even themselves, for the award. Nominations are due by August 14 and can be submitted through VGM’s HME Woman of the Year web page.
The selection committee will review the nominations, and each of the five committee members will select three semifinalists. From that pool, VGM will select three finalists to attend its awards ceremony on October 24 at the 2017 Medtrade Fall Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, where the winner will be announced.
Members of the 2017 selection committee include:
- Dr. Kirsten Davin, president and owner of Precision Seating Solutions, LLC and 2016 HME Woman of the Year;
- Rose Schafhauser, president and owner of Association Management, LLC and executive director of MAMES and SWMESA;
- Quinton Hart, mayor of Waterloo, Iowa, where VGM is headquartered;
- Rick Rector, executive vice president of United Publications, Inc. and publisher of HME News and Home Health Technology news; and
- Joan Eliasek, president of Extended Care Sales at McKesson Medical-Surgical.
2016 was the inaugural year of the HME Woman of the Year award, and 37 women were nominated.
Eliasek describes the awards as “an opportunity to recognize trailblazers who bring diversity to our industry can help encourage new, creative thoughts and ideas and help evolve our industry.”
Leila Meyer is a freelance writer covering a variety of industries. She can be reached via email at email@example.com or on the web at leilameyer.com.