POINTS TO REMEMBER
To reduce Mechanical Falls:
- Remove trip hazards in the home
and be extra aware of hazards when
out. Always use handrails.
- Avoid shiny floors, which are often
slippery with even a bit of moisture.
- Wear well-fitting shoes or slippers
- Put nightlights in rooms and halls.
To reduce Organic Falls:
- Move feet up and down three or
four times and slowly rise from a
- Wear medical-grade compression
stockings as prescribed.
- Different environments can lead
to different injury outcomes
from an organic fall. Choose safe