A quick roundup of some of the latest developments in HME billing and management software.
- By Leila McNeill
- Mar 01, 2019
Though HME’s transition to more automated billing and management systems started later than other corners of healthcare, providers are increasingly turning to software solutions to manage and optimize their businesses. By automating what were initially manual processes, providers can streamline workflows and, in turn, focus on more valuable tasks that increase growth and revenue. In addition to reducing time-consuming and redundant workflows, software solutions also reduce errors that result in costly and time-consuming claims denials.
HME software has become much more robust, offering comprehensive business solutions, such as delivery, automated scheduling, direct contact with patients through patient portals, and measurement with key performance indicators. Not only are operations more streamlined and automated but much of the available software serves up performance data for actionable business solutions, allowing providers to directly influence and control factors that affect their bottom line. To stay competitive as the industry changes, providers be open to integrating HME software into more and more of their business, whatever their business model may be.
From billing and management software to apps that update providers in real time, HME Business has rounded up some of the latest software updates and launches on the market:
NikoHealth Automates HME Workflow
- Scheduling solution lets providers automate resource scheduling.
- Manages inventory, payment collection, documentation and delivery processes on any tablet or mobile device.
- Generates reports on patient and order information and accounts receivable to sales numbers.
BBMK Technologies LLC
Universal Software Solutions Rolls Out Latest Version
HDMS (Healthcare Data Management System) 3.21
- 3.21 upgrade includes Patient Workspace.
- The Patient Workspace allows users to add and view patient demographics, access medical documentation, view orders in process and order history and to look at insurance and private pay financials.
- The upgrade gives healthcare providers access to information as quickly as in-person service demands.
Universal Software Solutions Inc.
(810) 653-5000 ext. 321
PlayMaker Unveils Integration System With Brightree
PlayMaker Edge for HME & Infusion
- Improves visibility and market performance for post-acute care providers, including HME, home health, hospice and infusion providers.
- Referral data from Brightree is integrated into PlayMaker for more powerful performance analytics.
- Yields information for strategic decisionmaking.
Brightree Patient Hub App Increases Patient Engagement
- Facilitates communication between the provider and patient through the web application and instant messaging.
- Patients are able to initiate and complete their own tasks by automating scheduling reminders and payments.
- Providers can consolidate workload and business processes and automate appointment reminders, delivery tracking, and insurance denial notifications.
TIMS Software Offers New Mobile App
- Supports HME businesses throughout the revenue cycle.
- The new TIMS Delivery app updates in realtime as all data is immediately gathered, stored and reportable.
- TIMS Scheduler manages delivery schedules, assigns break times and limits on re-sequencing deliveries, optimizes transportation routes to avoid traffic and captures arrival and departure times.
Bonafide Rolls Out Facility Portal Functionality
Bonafide DME Software
- Automates and streamlines the order and delivery process.
- Providers are able to sell to healthcare facilities through the online shopping portal that is directly linked to their back-office billing operations, inventory and delivery systems.
- Nurses can create patient profiles, place rental and sales orders, suggest patientspecific items based on a clinical algorithm, allow for an approval process and schedule delivery and pickup and service.
Bondafide Management Systems Corp.
4tellDocs Upgrades Documentation Software
- The Enhanced version provides advanced features from the previous version, Essentials, for managing, streamlining and automating DMEPOS documentation.
- Includes secure HIPPA compliant data storage, more flexible workflows and reusable common product combinations.
- Users can end a work session and resume whenever they wish without loss of information.
Prochant Offers Full Service Billing Management
Prochant – Proactive Revenue Cycle Management
- Confirmation of insurance billable orders and detailed QU of documentation.
- Daily review of billing prior to submission and working all claim rejections.
- Includes daily, weekly, and monthly KPI reports.
TeamDME! Offers Cloud-Based Business Solutions
- Cloud-based platform that manages provider’s HME business.
- Features customizable workflow templates, e-eligibility, e-purchasing, e-dropships, EHR, a mobile delivery app and Point of Sale.
- Designed for hospice, orthotics, prosthetics and custom rehab companies as well as HME providers.
Noble House Launches Suite of New Features
- Integrated patient flow control software, enhanced security and patient eligibility using an SQL database.
- Same or Similar (SoS) feature allows providers to check if a patient has received equipment.
- Nobel Trax feature allows providers to tack and monitor their deliveries by driver.
This article originally appeared in the March 2019 issue of HME Business.
Leila McNeill is a former associate editor for HME Business and Mobility Management.