When it comes to inventory management and
equipment maintenance, HME providers contend
with a unique dilemma: they have a considerable
amount of inventory overhead, and much of it is
out in the field. Simply put, where’s their stuff?
And as COVID-19 has driven treatment into the home
setting to the point that HMEs are starting to play a role
in hospital-in-the-home scenarios, that business, care
and operations management challenge has only gotten
larger. Industry supplier McKesson’s Biomedical
Solutions business offers some clever technology for
tackling that challenge, and Dylan Ross, vice president
and general manager of McKesson Biomedical Solutions
discusses them with HME Business.
This Viewpoint will provide the answers to:
- What are the biggest biomedical needs currently in the HME industry?
- For HME providers, what are the overarching issues with managing assets?
- How do you define or describe the Biomedical Solutions offering and what are its unique characteristics?
- If a provider has multiple vendors in their spectrum of solutions, would they be able to leverage some of the BioMedical Solution tools?
- How can providers implement equipment tracking, equipment management?