The Rise of the Value-Based HME
The COVID-19 pandemic won’t last forever, but
patient demand is here to stay. If anything, HME
providers can expect more patient demand and a
broader set of needs from clients and referral
partners. Now the big question: Are you ready?
Sandy Canally, founder and CEO of accrediting
organization The Compliance Team, is an expert on
workflows and operational procedures at HME
businesses and other post-acute providers. Despite the
ongoing challenges of the Covid-19 public health
emergency, she says she’s seeing some serious pent-up
demand in the marketplace, creating opportunities for
HME providers to grow their businesses with a personal
This Viewpoint will provide the answers to:
- How has COVID and the pandemic impacted the health care needs of the chronic care populations that HME providers serve?
- How do providers assess how things have changed for individual businesses as well as the industry?
- What are some qualitative examples of the increasing, or changing needs, among the chronic care population?
- How do HME providers position their businesses to meet the increasing and changing needs?
- What is value-based HME?
- What do all these changes mean in terms of policies and procedures and accreditation?