HME Providers and Consumer Financing Options
Consumer financing has become commonplace in post-acute care, and that includes the HME
industry. In fact, with retail sales playing such a
key part of provider revenues, it is downright
That said, there are still providers who are unclear on
consumer financing for HME and particularly the
specialty healthcare financing options available to them.
What do providers need to know in order to support
healthcare credit cards and reap the benefits? To answer
those questions and more, Randy Baldwin, vice president
of Specialty Industries Marketing for healthcare credit
card business CareCredit, and Claude Royster, vice
president and general manager of specialty sales for
CareCredit, met with HME Business.
This Viewpoint will provide the answers to:
- Why is consumer credit important when it comes to home medical equipment?
- Are there any HME market trends that are making credit more important for HME providers?
- Is credit helping HME providers help patients, too?
- What has compelled HME providers to implement credit?
- Can the card be used to cover expenses such as copays?
- Can credit be used for those bigger ticket items that can be pricey and are typically non-funded?