Collaboration With Hospitals, Physicians and Other Referral Sources
How to expand your HME provider business’ market reach and revenues by legally working with key healthcare partners.
There are a number of terms that have recently entered the DME industry's vocabulary: "data analytics," "quality outcomes," "performance measurements," and "collaborative care." Collectively, these stand for the proposition that third party payers no longer intend to pay for healthcare services that are provided in "silos." Said another way, payers expect health care providers (physicians, hospitals, SNFs, pharmacies, DME suppliers and home health agencies) to work together to keep patients healthy — and keep them from being readmitted to the hospital time and time again. Payers expect providers to know what other providers are doing in treating a particular patient. This program will examine the ways that DME suppliers can legally collaborate with hospitals, physicians, and other referral sources.
The webinar will cover:
- Preferred provider arrangements with hospitals;
- Employee liaison arrangements with hospitals, physicians and other providers;
- Consignment ("loan closet") arrangements with hospitals, physicians and other providers;
- Medical director agreements with physicians; and
- Agreements among providers to collect and share patient data so as to measure outcomes.
All registrants will have access to the live event and an on-demand recording of the presentation. If registrants want to watch the presentation again or have a scheduling conflict, they can register and access the on-demand version of this webcast, which will be available after the live event until March 1, 2018.