Freedom Designs has rolled out “Seating: Bottom to Top,” a series of two-day seminars addressing intermediate seating and positioning held in various U.S cities.The seminars let attendees earn up to 1.35 CEUs and are approved by RESNA, NRRTS, The University of Pittsburgh, and other state licensing boards. Freedom says the courses are well suited, but not limited to, physical and occupational therapists and equipment suppliers who service neurologically or orthopedically involved clients, with heavy focus on pediatric clients.
The seminars will cover various topics, including:
• The evaluation process for a seating system.
• Skeletal abnormalities and seating options for addressing them.
• Normal and abnormal movement strategies and seating options to impact on function.
• Sensory integration/sensory issues when addressing seating needs.
• The parts and parameters of a wheelbase, the adjustments possible on a wheelbase and how both impact user propulsion efficiency.
Registration for the seminars costs $225 per person and if two individuals are registered, a third person can attend for free. Therapists employed by hospitals, schools or therapy centers can attend for a discounted fee of $125. Registration forms and more information on the seminars are available from the Freedom Designs website.
February 20-21 Dallas, TX
March 26-27 Gulfport, MS
April 23-24 Pittsburgh (Monroeville), PA
May 14-15 Edison, NJ
June 4-5 Sioux Falls, SD
June 18-19 Portland (Wilsonville), OR
July 9-10 Raleigh, NC
August 6-7 Orlando, FL
September 3-4 St Louis, MO
September 17-18 Columbus, OH
November 5-6 Austin, TX
November 19-20 Los Angeles, CA
December 3-4 Miami, FL