ATLANTA — Manufacturers of home medical equipment are gearing up for the Spring reveal of their latest products and technology. Medtrade Spring 2006, the industry’s mid-year buying and educational event, will take place at the Las Vegas Convention Center on March 21-23. The event, produced by VNU Expositions, will focus on new strategies, solutions and technologies for HME providers and other home health care professionals.
“The HME industry continues to create solutions for those who need health care products to remain independent and at home — the preferred place of care,” said Art Ellis, group vice president for VNU Expositions. “From patient care equipment that enhances outcomes to health and wellness products, this year’s event promises to be a platform for innovation.”
More than 450 manufacturers of home medical equipment products and technologies will showcase new product developments, offer show specials and provide hands-on demonstrations. The exhibit hall will open Wednesday, March 22 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Thursday, March 23 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Drive Medical Design and Manufacturing is one of the many exhibitors introducing new products at the show. The long-awaited Michael Graves line makes its debut. Ed Link, Drive’s director of marketing, said, “We view Medtrade Spring as a significant opportunity to meet with our customers to share all of Drive’s new products and programs.”
Medtrade Spring is also a prominent venue for providers to find solutions to their operational challenges. “CareCentric looks forward to Medtrade Spring because it is a great place to introduce or reinforce our new capabilities early in the year,” says Laurie Walling, director of sales and marketing operations for CareCentric Inc. “This year, we are highlighting our business process management services, which include billing outsourcing, productivity assessments and customized consulting. As the regulatory environment becomes more complex, these services can really help HME providers keep their businesses on track.”
Some of the other products and services attendees will see at the show include:
- Access Point Medical expands its product offering to include powered mobility products.
- Altimate Medical features the EasyStand Evolv Glider and the EasyStand Evolv Shadow Support Tray.
- DesignTech International displays a personal emergency response system called the Guardian Alert 911 that offers home medical equipment providers an opportunity to be involved in this growing market.
- Nearly Me Technologies offers the latest style of its Nearly Me Personal Touch line of breast forms.
- Permobil showcases its pediatric seating system built on the Corpus Seating frame and the Permolock, a technologically advanced lock down device for use with the C500 and C400 power bases. Stop by to see the Permobil Custom Shop.
- Pride Mobility Products rolls out new lift chairs, scooters and power chairs in both the Pride and Quantum divisions. Also, stop by to see Ed McMahon, celebrity and spokesman for Pride, at the company’s booth on Wednesday, March 22.
- Pyramid Industries, the new corporate entity of Gel-lite/Homecare Solutions, reveals its OmniAir battery-operated alternating pressure system and the Ultra-Care T alternating and lateral rotating mattress replacement system.
- Respironics’ big draw is the Virtuox, a change to the way providers can obtain oximetry results. Virtuox offers instant results, unlimited downloads, access to archived data and 24/7 patient support for a low annual fee.
“Permobil is looking forward to another successful Medtrade Spring in Las Vegas,” says Barry Steelman, marketing manager for Permobil. “This show continues to grow and the quality of leads for Permobil continues to improve every year.”
In addition to all the exhibit hall has to offer, attendees can register to attend the exciting educational conference and pre-show conferences. The educational conference sessions will focus on accreditation, business management, home health, legislative and regulatory issues, mergers and acquisitions, oxygen and respiratory, rehabilitation and assistive technology, reimbursement, sales and marketing, and sleep disordered breathing. The Medtrade Spring 2006 educational conference will take place Tuesday, March 21 from 1 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., Wednesday, March 22 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Thursday, March 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information about the event, visit www.medtradespring.com or call (800) 933-8735.