Never underestimate the power of a good
night’s sleep, or the revenue opportunities of sleep therapy products as they
continue to evolve. While providing sleep therapy solutions requires investment
and clinical resources, it also offers considerable opportunity given the
growth of the marketplace.
The sleep industry has seen dramatic changes over the past years: Despite
the impact of competitive bidding, market data suggests that the industry
is growing as it finds more and more undiagnosed patient populations. The
sleep disordered breathing market is increasing with an annual growth rate
of between four to six percent (depending on which market research firm
you read), but in order to stay tapped into this growth you must supply your
patients with the most cutting-edge products.
When it comes to the fundamentals of sleep business success, embracing
technology is of the utmost importance. The industry has become more
connected and data-driven as a reflection of the world as a whole. Patients
are more inclined to buy a product if they can use a smart phone app to track
their nightly data and connect with their physician. Moreover, referring
physicians and other sleep therapy professionals want that level of connected
care. Providing that puts sleep-therapy HMEs in an advantageous position.
Comfort is another key to success in both compliance within the market.
Patients that need assistance in breathing while sleeping will go with the
provider that has a selection of devices and re-supply items that will help
them rest peacefully and without fuss. Stocking products that ensure a sound,
comfortable night’s rest creates customer relationships that will last a lifetime.<
Respura Boomerang Gel Pad
Pad offers additional comfort for CPAP users
- A nasal cushion that relieves pressure and skin irritation from CPAP masks.
- Comes in two sizes and can be washed with warm water using mild soap or with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Replacement recommended every 30 days.
Sleep Better Bed Wedges & 2-in-1 Comfort Leg Wedge
Inflatable wedges transform patients' sleep, HMEs' shelves
- Available in four sizes, the Sleep Better Bed Wedges and the 2-in-1 Leg Wedge provide doctor-recommend elevation.
- Offer relief from relief from conditions such as acid reflux, respiratory issues, snoring, blood pressure, hiatal hernia, migraines, back pain, circulation issues, edema, injuries, and surgery recovery.
- Providers can merchandise 16 or more of the slim packages on a 4 in. shelf
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
100FD Mask Series
100FD Mask Series adds comfort to full-face coverage
To make PAP therapy more comfortable, the 100FD Mask Series removes the forehead pad and replaces it with a soft silicon cushion with a frame stabilizer to evenly redistribute pressure over a large surface area. The series comes with two options, which includes the Trimline with a 15 mm diameter and the Economy with a 22 mm diameter.
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Telemedicine system connects providers, patients, physicians
- Helps sleep specialists and DME providers who want to conduct their first video consultations and follow-up visits.
- Comprises a web-based video platform and a patient self-pay feature that facilitates convenient, secure payments.
- Features an interactive sleep diary, sleep log and sleep questionnaires, and can sync with Fitbit sleep data to monitor and address patients’ sleep habits.
CPAP pillow overs multiple ways to drive cash
The CPAPMax Pillow helps patients reach and stay compliant by dramatically improving their sleep. The pillow has four adjustable heights, a dual-sided cover, plush fiberfill or 3D mesh, and ventilated foam to keep the user cool and comfortable. It is compatible with all mask types and accommodates all sleeping positions. It also has customized pillowcases that can be added to increase average sales, which are available in blue, beige, and white.
Tiny CPAP a game-changer for traveling sleep patients
ResMed’s AirMini might be small, but packs ResMed’s clinically proven sleep technology along with its comfort and ease-of-use features into a portable, pocket-sized device. ideal for traveling. It is available with ResMed’s proprietary AutoSet functionality, and a built-in humidification system for patient comfort.
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Inc.
Brevida Nasal Pillows Mask
Nasal pillows mask takes a unique approach to comfort
- A 2017 HMEB New Product of the Year Award winner, the mask is designed for compliance and built for comfort.
- Features innovative AirPillow seal which inflates to form a “pillow” of air in and around the nose for a gentle, effective seal.
- A washable air diffuser prevents exit air from escaping, which cuts noise and draft
Full-face mask with memory foam cushioning
ResMed has announced its AirTouch F20 full face mask with UltraSoft memory foam mask cushion. The cushion adapts to the contours of each patient’s face, creating a personalized fit for the ultimate experience in cushion comfort. It is designed to reduce facial markings and skin irritation, even when sealed firmly against the skin. AirTouch fits 98 percent of patient faces and is uniquely natural, breathable and allows excess heat and sweat to escape.
Compass Health Brands
CPAP tubing, filters and customized tubing/filter kits
Low minimum order quantity for resupply items
Providers can create a professional image and improve patient loyalty by private labeling their CPAP tubing, filters and customized tubing/filter kits. Include an insert with helpful replacement tips and related cash items, all branded to your company with your information. Providers can enjoy repeat supply orders and additional cash sales directly from their patients. Compass offers a minimum order quantity of 50 each/pack and includes replacement tips informing patients how often tubing and filters should be replaced.
QuietAir Diffuser Vent Elbow
Diffuser vent elbow cuts noise, smooths air flow
ResMed’s new QuietAir diffuser vent elbow for its AirFit and AirTouch F20 CPAP masks reduces noise by 89 percent and produces a 70 percent gentler air flow, according to the company. Excess noise produced by therapy is a key concern for both sleep apnea patients and their bedmates, to the point that it can hamper compliance. The QuietAir brings those noise levels for ResMed’s full face masks “well below ambient noise,” according to ResMed CEO Mick Farrell.