ResMed Launches AirSense 11 PAP Series
The company’s next-generation PAP device includes new features such as Personal Therapy Assistant and Care Check-In to provide tailored guidance to PAP users.
Respiratory and sleep therapy equipment ResMed has rolled out its AirSense 11, its next-generation PAPtherapy device that includes a number of new features.
Topping the list of the AirSense 11’s innovations are Personal Therapy Assistant and Care Check-In, which are designed to help PAP users ease into therapy and comfortable nightly use. Other features include remote software updates so users can enjoy the latest version of these tools every night.
“AirSense 11’s new tailored features along with our myAir patient engagement app help give people the support they need to use PAP – the gold standard for treating sleep apnea – comfortably and confidently every night,” said Jim Hollingshead, ResMed president of Sleep and Respiratory Care. “And when digital health helps guide patients, it enables clinicians to provide great care to all their patients more efficiently.”
A closer look at the AirSense 11’s offerings:
- Personal Therapy Assistant, which provides interactive step-by-step tutorials via the myAir app for patients to set up their device and acclimate to therapy pressure.
- Care Check-In, which gives patients tailored guidance through key milestones in their treatment journey, based on patients’ responses to simple questions like “How is your therapy” and “How sleepy did you feel this week?” It’s available in the myAir app and on the device screen itself. With the patient’s consent, healthcare providers can also see their patients’ responses in AirView, providing another fast, virtual way to monitor patients.
- A sleek design, touch screen, and intuitive menu mimic a smartphone, making it easy to use, designed to support increased adherence to therapy.
- ResMed’s proprietary therapy algorithms for AutoSet or APAP (auto-adjusting PAP) that delivers breath-by-breath therapy adjustments. This includes the AutoSet for Her mode, a setting tailored to treat the female-specific characteristics of mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea, and CPAP (continuous PAP).
- The ability to make over-the-air upgrades directly to a user’s device – just like you would get on a smartphone.
AirSense 11 also gives access to ResMed’s myAir patient engagement app and the AirView remote monitoring platform for clinicians. Together those technologies help bring overall patient adherence as high as 87 percent.
The myAir app tracks the amount of time patients spend using CPAP therapy, number of sleep apnea events per hour, mask leak, and the number of times a mask was removed, providing nightly data on breathing, coaching tips, and support directly to their phone.
AirView provides a secure, cloud-based patient management system for online patient monitoring that enables healthcare professionals to quickly access patient data, share clinical insights with other health professionals, improve care and reduce costs related to patient follow-up.
For more information, visit resmed.com/Air11.