Sleep Therapy Solutions
While their supply chains and COVID-19 continue to cause complications, sleep therapy providers still need to be on top of the latest offerings on the market. We round up some of the latest.
Sleep Therapy has been anything but boring over
the last 16 months. Just as sleep providers started to
get their footing during the COVID-19 public health
emergency, along came the Philips device recall.
In both cases, sleep providers have had to deal with uncertain
supply chains while serving both existing patients and
onboarding new ones.
Moreover, when it comes to the public health emergency,
providers of sleep therapy equipment and services had to develop
new procedures and use new tools to safely and effectively provide
products and services to patients and coordinate with referrals.
While all that was happening, providers have to keep up to
speed with the market changes and innovations that have always
been part and parcel of the sleep therapy market. While the
public health emergency or a product recall might have created
gaps in some supplies, new masks, accessories, and other devices
and products have been getting released.
Likewise, there are a variety of business services and software
offerings on the market to help sleep therapy providers run more
efficient businesses, help their referral partners introduce new
patients to therapy, and ensure optimal outcomes.
So, bearing all that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the
products and services that have recently hit the market:
New moldable, low-profile nasal masks for resupply
iQ2 & Phantom 2
- Both masks combine patented AIRgel technology
with a soft, pliable shell ensures premium comfort
for many facial structures.
- Design and materials also minimize skin irritation
and pressure points.
- If patients need to change mask styles, the IQ2 and
Phantom2 cushions are interchangeable while using
the same mask frame and headgear.
Automated, yet personalized patient resupply
- A scalable end-to-end solution to automate
supplying patient refills or replacements, while
making the process more personalized, transparent
- Helps providers identify resupply opportunities;
conduct patient outreach using a multi-method
approach; retrieve necessary documentation; fulfill
orders; and capture data-driven insights to improve
- SNAP integration uses AI to help reduce employee
touchpoints, while increasing accuracy.
Heated CPAP tube prevents rainout, enhances comfort
Sunset Heated CPAP Tube
- The Sunset Heated CPAP Tube for Philips
Respironics is designed to improve compliance by
preventing rainout and enhancing comfort.
- Had improved ergonomics, added durability and a
more robust spiral tube rib.
- Features very low memory tubing, strain relief cuffs
and an auto safety shut-off.
Sunset Healthcare Solutions
Compact nasal mask features innovative headgear
- A new compact nasal mask for the delivery of PAP
therapy to treat obstructive sleep apnea, Evora
features the world’s first CapFit headgear.
- Also uses F&P’s next generation of Dynamic
Support Technology, which features stability wings
that work with a floating seal to allow freedom of
movement while keeping the Evora comfortably in
- The floating seal wraps around the nose to ensure a
flexible and comfortable fit.
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
Boosts compliance by resolving mask complaints
- Resolves claustrophobia and headgear
complaints using daily disposable
DreamPorts, which use hypoallergenic
surgical foam adhesive.
- One-size-fits-all, with zero headgear,
DreamPort is clinically proven not to leak,
eliminates mask lines, dry eye, and hair
- Compatible with all CPAP machines, covered
by all major insurance and made in the USA.
Patient comfort combined with innovation and efficiency
- Cloud-connectable and compatible with
ResMed’s patient engagement app, myAir,
which provides nightly myAir score reports,
personalized coaching and more.
- Includes a built-in humidifier, as well as
a climate control auto setting to make
breathing more comfortable.
- AutoRamp feature provides low airflow
pressure to help patients fall asleep, then
steadily increases to the user’s unique
Tele-respiratory therapists give provider staff a 'pressure relief' valve
rtNOW HME Services
- Remote RTs schedule new PAP setups,
educate patients via a HIPAA-compliant
CoreLink video conference, and work various
devices and masks.
- RTs provide ongoing PAP follow-up to
ensure adherence for therapeutic benefit
and billing requirements.
- RTs can schedule or be scheduled to
perform virtual remote ventilator follow ups
Unique solution to mask leaks, discomfort and blemishes
- Patented adhesive strip secures and seals a PAP
nasal pillow to the patient’s nose, demonstrating
improved PAP efficacy and comfort while remaining
- Inexpensive and compatible with any commercially
available nasal pillow.
- Reduces patient frustration over leaks, noise,
blemishes, discomfort while improving compliance
New way to test overnight pulse oximetry patients
NightOwl Ez Ox
- Once an order is received, VirtuOx mails a NightOwl
EzOx device to the patient, who will wear the device
as directed by the ordering physician.
- Connects via Bluetooth to app which sends the
results to VirtuOx which sends the results to the
patient’s physician, who can order to and patient
can retest following the same instructions.
- The device is single patient use and is disposable
after 100 hours of recording time.
This article originally appeared in the July/August 2021 issue of HME Business.