BOC Announces 2021 Executive Committee and New Board Member
Angela Smalley, Ph.D., BOCPD, COF, brings to the board more than five years’ experience in the O&P profession, as well as knowledge of the latest advancements in medtech.
Accreditation organization The Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC) has unveiled its 2021 executive committee and the election of a new member to its board of directors.
The executive committee is made up of the officers of the board. The officers for 2021 are:
- Chair (incumbent): L. Bradley “Brad” Watson, BOCO, BOCP, LPO, president of Clarksville Limb + Brace + Rehab in Clarksville, Tennessee
- Vice-Chair: Abel Guevara III, MHIM, RHIA, CDME, chief operating officer and corporate compliance officer, New Way Medical Supply in San Antonio, Texas
- Secretary (incumbent): David D. Regier, ATC, LAT, MS, consultant, Fort Worth Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine and Shriners Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Treasurer: Cameron Stewart, BOCO, BOCP, co-founder, Alcam Medical Orthotics and Prosthetics in Riverside, CA
- Member-at-Large (incumbent): Diana Klunk, CMF, Certified Mastectomy Fitter at The Perfect Match Boutique, Camp Hill, PA
- Immediate Past Chair (incumbent): Wayne R. Rosen, BOCP, BOCO, LPO, CDME, FAAOP, clinical consultant
Also, Angela Smalley, Ph.D., BOCPD, COF, joins the board for 2021. Smalley brings to the board more than five years’ experience in the O&P profession, as well as knowledge of the latest advancements in the world of medtech research and development.
Smalley is a Project Leader for product evaluation in the Commercialization Services division at Simbex in Lebanon, N.H., where she leads consulting teams in medical device and consumer health product design. Additionally, she is responsible for regulatory and reimbursement strategy, clinical rationale and workflow assessments, market research, concept evaluation, and quality management.
Smalley holds a Ph.D. in rehabilitation science from the University at Buffalo, a Master of Science in exercise science and health promotion from California University of Pennsylvania, and a Bachelor of Science in therapeutic recreation from Houghton College.
Members departing from BOC’s board are Mark Parris, Pharm.D., RPh, COF, and John W. “Sion” Owen, Jr., BOCPD, CDME, whose terms ended Dec. 31, 2020.
“The commitment of our board members is tremendous,” said Claudia Zacharias, MBA, CAE, BOC’s President and CEO. “Mark Parris and Sion Owen exemplify the professionalism, wisdom, and expertise that combine to provide invaluable leadership. As BOC grows and continuously exceeds the expectations of our customers, we want to pause and extend our sincere gratitude to those who have served, as well as to those who are assuming new board roles.”