Portable Oxygen Product Solutions
The demand is high for machines that can provide the right mix of portability, battery life and tank capacity to fit patient lifestyles.
- By Haley Samsel
- Oct 26, 2020
The market for oxygen therapy has grown immensely
over the past decade, with nearly 1.5 million people relying on supplemental
oxygen to address their medical needs. While tank delivery of oxygen
remains a viable market for HME providers, patients want to continue carrying
out their daily routines and need a product that allows them to stay on
the go. That’s where portable oxygen concentrators, and the companies who
maintain the machines, step in.
In just the past few years, portable oxygen concentrators have begun to
reflect the rapidly changing technology becoming available to HME providers
and their patients. Rather than waiting for maintenance issues to occur on
their machines, providers increasingly have the ability to remotely monitor
oxygen output, battery life and more through online platforms. Now, companies
are expanding wireless connectivity to POCs in the hopes of making
24/7 monitoring possible for more patients.
At the same time, manufacturers are focused on making the machines
lighter and sleeker for patients who want POCs to blend in with the rest of
their belongings. The demand is high for machines that can provide the right
mix of portability, battery life and tank capacity to fit patient lifestyles. If an
HME provider can guarantee all three, they can see revenue growth in this
key area. Here is a sampling of some of the products and services on the market:
POC offers ‘remote freedom’
for HME providers and patients
Platinum Mobile Oxygen Concentrator
- Users can control flow settings via a connected
smartphone app from up to 25 feet away.
- Providers can view diagnostics remotely using
Piccolo Provider Portal.
- Designed for easy patient use with simple, sealed
interface, top-load batteries and dual intakes and
exhausts to maximize heat dissipation.
Providers can geo-locate concentrators,
monitor patient use through
- Bluetooth-enabled POC offers six flow settings
for patients through a mobile application.
- Providers can use an online dashboard to monitor
patient use, geo-locate machines and check
battery life, and known when to perform
Online monitoring platform Clarity
now available on POCs in U.S.
Zen-O Lite Portable Oxygen
- Online monitoring platform Clarity Converged
Care and 4G connectivity now launched on all
POCs in the U.S.
- Home oxygen providers can monitor machine
24/7 from any online device and perform
predictive maintenance, viewing oxygen
purity, usage history and battery life.
Concentrator with vacuum
pressure designed for comfort,
Live Active Five
- 5 lb. machine delivers up to 95.5 percent oxygen
purity with more than six hours’ use per battery.
- Utilizes vacuum pressure swing absorption
(VPSA) technology to ensure each sieve bed is
perfectly regenerated every cycle.
- Dual-curved machine offers five pulse flow settings
through intuitive display screen.
Ultra-portable concentrator aims
to deliver reliable performance on
Simply Go Mini
- Smallest and lightest concentrator offered by
Philips features 5 pulse settings and fashionable
- 5 lb. sleekly designed machine comes with
lightweight and compact battery and high
oxygen output for ultra-portable POC
Concentrator’s oxygen delivery
matches inhalation rate to improve
Mobi Portable Oxygen Concentrator
- 5.5 lb. concentrator, now widely available in U.S.,
designed for one-touch startup with display
screen providing notifications about oxygen
delivery and device functioning.
- Pulse-Wave technology matches oxygen delivery
to user’s inhalation rate for comfort.
Consulting services designed to support
HMEs providing oxygen therapy
- Manufacturer provides retail partner program, non-delivery
program, O2 discharge program, and sponsored training to
help HME providers grow their businesses.
- Business solutions consulting paired with CAIRE’s thorough
knowledge of the oxygen market with products like FreeStyle
Comfort POC and proprietary oxygen technology.
SmartDose technology on POC makes it
easier for patients to trigger oxygen flow
iGo2 Portable Oxygen Concentrator
- POC equipped with SmartDose auto-adjusting conserver
technology, giving it one of the most sensitive conserver
triggers in the market.
- Weighs less than 5 lbs. with protective overmold around
plastic shell to prevent damage.
- Battery and LCD screen controls located on top of the machine
to make it easily accessible.
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
New POC innovates with high oxygen
output per pound of weight
Inogen One G5 Portable Oxygen Concentrator
- 4.7-lb POC has 1,260 ml of oxygen production capacity and
is equipped with Inogen’s Intelligent Delivery Technology
with six different flow settings.
- Machine has one of the highest oxygen outputs per pound
of weight in the POC market.
- Battery life of up to 13 hours with optional double battery and
Bluetooth connection to company app.
Haley Samsel is the Associate Content Editor of HME Business and Mobility Management.