Eighteen State Associations Join MAMES Conference
Members of associations representing 41 states will attend MAMES’s Oct. 6-9 virtual conference and exhibition.
- By David Kopf
- Sep 03, 2020
Hundreds of members from 18 state HME associations are now signed up to attend the Midwest Association for Medical Equipment Services & Supplies (MAMES) 2020 Virtual Conference & Exhibition, which is slated for Oct. 6-9.
Since COVID-19 forced so many in-person events to cancel or retool, MAMES opted to create a virtual event, and then opened its registration to other partner HME/DME associations.
“This is a win-win for both providers and exhibitors to be able to connect the space between us,” said Jim Schafhauser, MAMES Director of Member Services. “This is a collaborative opportunity to have association members across the country meet virtually for education and join in the Virtual Exhibit Hall.”
The conference will feature streaming educational seminars led by over a dozen top HME industry experts, live Q&A sessions, and online networking. Also, nearly four hours of Virtual Exhibit Hall time will let attendees visit web pages (eBooths), watch product demos, chat and video conference with vendors, and drop off “virtual business cards.”
Registration for members of partner HME trade groups costs $149 per agency, meaning multiple co-workers can attend for one fee. Registration for non-members costs $189. The registration deadline is Sept. 25. For more information email Jim Schafhauser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The participating HME associations include:
- SWMESA – Southwest Medical Equipment Suppliers Association (AZ, NM and TX)
- Great Lakes – Great Lakes Home Medical Services Associations (IN, IL, and MI)
- OAMES - Ohio Association for Medical Equipment Services
- ACMESA - Atlantic Medical Equipment Services Association (North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia & West Virginia)
- NEMEP - Northeast Medical Equipment Providers Association (New York and New Jersey)
- BIG SKY - Big Sky Association of Medical Equipment Suppliers (Montana, Idaho and Wyoming)
- FAHCS - Florida Alliance of Home Care Services
- GAMES - Georgia Association of Medical Equipment Suppliers
- SCMESA - South Carolina Medical Equipment Services Association
- ATHOMES - Association for Tennessee Oxygen and Medical Equipment Services
- PAMES - Pacific Association for Medical Equipment Services (Oregon and Washington)
- HOMES - Home Medical Equipment and Services Association of New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont)
- ADMEA - Alabama Durable Medical Equipment Association
- KMESA - Kentucky Medical Equipment Services Association
- MHHA - Michigan Homecare and Hospice Association
- CAMES - Colorado Association for Medical Equipment Services
- TexMep - Texas Medical Equipment Providers
In addition to the 18 organizations that have aligned with the event, several additional association leaders have shown interest and are meeting with their boards of directors to confirm attendance, according to Schafhauser.
About the Author
David Kopf is the Publisher and Executive Editor of HME Business and DME Pharmacy magazines. Follow him on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/in/dkopf/ and on Twitter at @postacutenews.