NATURALLY ABLE Magazine Expands Advisory Team
Online community for people with disabilities now includes N-ABLE guides who will contribute lifestyle advice, resources and news to help readers lead healthier lives.
- By David Kopf
- May 28, 2020
NATURALLY ABLE, an online publication and community for people with disabilities, has added N-ABLE guides who will contribute lifestyle advice, resources and news to help the site’s readers lead healthier lives.
Part of the reason behind adding the N-ABLE guides is the current public health emergency, according to Lisa Wells, founder and publisher of NATURALLY ABLE.
“The emotional paralysis caused by COVID-19, across our communities, has sparked an immediate need for more ways to support and care for people who have disabilities while they are home-bound, feeling isolated and vulnerable, more now than ever before,” Wells explained. “A core group of like-minded community advocates jumped into action as we collectively recognized the serious impact that the pandemic was having on mental health and traditional support services for people with disabilities.”
The team of N-ABLE guides includes:
- Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation peer mentor and service dog educator Sarah Best
- Wheels2Walking founder Richard Corbett, who has more than 10 million YouTube viewers and is the 2020 Shorty Award Winner for health and wellness
- Abilities Expo host & accessible vehicle expert Julienne Dallara
- The Seated Nurse Andrea Dalzell, RN, BSN
- Spin the Globe accessible travel writer and Oprah Magazine contributor Sylvia Longmire
- Disability community support consultant Caitlin Patrick
- Industry advocate, holistic health expert and former Mrs. Wheelchair California Kristina Rhoades
- United Spinal chapter leader & Rolling Inspirations founder Christopher Salas
- Marketing operations consultant Nick Skov
- Community Conscious Consulting president Scott Stone
- Adaptive sports guide and certified peer mentor Matt Tilford
- Disability justice advocate and North American Spinal Cord Injury Consortium Executive Council Board Member Jenn Wolff, OT
- Get Social Consulting president and NATURALLY ABLE founder Lisa Wells
Recently uploaded content to the site includes:
- Embracing a Temporary Mindset with wheels2walking
- Head outside to climb mountains in your mind
- COVID response efforts: uniting the caring force within our community
- Exploring virtual physical therapy
- Cultivating joy as a paraplegic gardener
- Roll with the feel-good power of music
NATURALLY ABLE has partnered with Medtrade, Abilities Expo and SPORTS ‘N SPOKES magazine to offer educational programs throughout the year. Also, the site offers consulting services to help healthcare providers more effectively reach and serve the disability community.
“We recognize that most providers’ sales plans have been sharply revised in today’s new normal, with limited or canceled traditional marketing, suspended tradeshow travel, and reduced community connection points,” Wells added. “We’re here to help you thrive in that gap by offering educational support online for members and partners throughout the disability community.”
David Kopf is the Publisher and Executive Editor of HME Business and DME Pharmacy magazines. Follow him on Twitter at @postacutenews.