Product Solutions: Retail Sales
A look at some of the latest retail-ready HME offerings on the market.
- By David Kopf
- May 01, 2018
Retail sales are all about product. Cash sales items have to appeal to specific customers needs, and their appeal must be obvious. With HME provider staff as busy as they are, it is critical that the product truly sells itself.
That means providers must stock product offerings that attract clients with clear and obvious benefits. Ultimately, patients should take one look at these sorts of products and think, “now why didn’t I think of that?”
And if the products are packaged in an eye-catching fashion, and the product design is attractive, then the provider has something solid it can stock with reasonable confidence that it will entice customers to buy it.
That’s what we call being “retail ready,” and there are a wide variety of products that fit the bill. Moreover, they come across a wide spectrum of HME product offerings. They could be home access items, aids to daily living, bath safety offering, or related to other “core” HME categories. The key is that they’re being sold on a cash basis.
Bearing that in mind, we’ve collected a number of “retail ready” product offerings that should easily round out any provider’s line up of cash sales offerings.
Let’s take a look:
CPAP battery doubles the life of its predecessor
Z1 Extended Life Battery
- New battery fits HDM’s Z1 PowerShell and holds twice the charge of the original Z1 Overnight Battery.
- The Lithium-Ion Battery Pack has a 99.4 Wh capacity and weights 15.5 oz (440g).
- For owners of the original PowerShell and battery, HDM is offering free factory upgrades to the PowerShell with the purchase of a new Extended Life Battery.
Human Design Medical
(855) 436-8724 ext. 101
Stairlift offers premium features at a competitive price
Pinnacle SL300 stairlift
- Features include no needed maintenance, compact dimensions, lengthy operation during power outages and the automatic/mechanical folding rail option.
- Has 300 lbs. lifting capacity and includes a simplified chassis, oversized footrest and compact seat.
- A patented Nylon polymer gear with helical work drive featuring six points of contact for maximum stability and a smooth ride.
A new level of travel scooter maneuverability
Jazzy Zero Turn
- Two-motor drive and patent-pending iTurn Technology give scooter a tight 38 in. turning radius.
- Four-wheel scooter has the maneuverability of a three-wheel scooter.
- Other features include independent CTS suspension, LED marker lights, extendedrange batteries, under-seat storage, and feather-touch disassembly.
Pride Mobility Products Corp.
Compression wrap allows for total leg coverage
- Easy to don and doff, inelastic wrap features 20-50mmHg of gradient, short-stretch compression from the same garment.
- Comfortable compression straps are easy to reach because they wrap around the front of the knee.
- Inner stretch panel allows simple donning and doffing and the butterfly strap can be worn over the patella for covered flexibility.
Pippa Toe Post Sandal
- Lightweight, flexible EVA midsole absorbs shock, reducing stress on feet, ankles and knees.
- Orthaheel Technology is biomechanically designed to hug arches and support feet, and built-in orthotic is shown to be effective in helping to treat heel pain (plantar fasciitis).
- Durable rubber outsole with a patterned tread provides traction on a variety of surfaces.
Non-compression knit sleeves and gloves offer discrete skin protection
- Line of sleeves and gloves lets patients protect thin, fragile skin from abrasions, skin tears and bruising.
- Colorful sleeves are lightweight and made with “four-way rebound stretch” so they fit snugly while cushioning the limbs.
- Latex-free, sport technology yarns provide moisture management and permanent antimicrobial features to help maintain skin integrity.
This article originally appeared in the May 2018 issue of HME Business.
David Kopf is the Publisher and Executive Editor of HME Business and DME Pharmacy magazines. Follow him on Twitter at @postacutenews.