Medtrade Spring Is Just around the Corner
Seating for workshops still available in limited numbers; registration still open for networking events.
- By Joshua Bolkan
- Mar 22, 2018
Medtrade Spring is kicking off in just a few days, and there's still room in several of the event's workshops and networking events.
Billing itself as the second-largest home medical equipment tradeshow, this year's installment of the spring event will be held March 27-29 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Workshops that are still open for additional attendees include:
- An Introduction to the Certified Durable Medical Equipment Specialist (CDME), co-presented by Jeff Hedges, CDME and president and CEO at R.J. Hedges and Associates, and Michelle Yoon, credentialing and operations manager at Board of Certification. Hedges and Yoon will help workshop attendees prepare for the CDME exam, covering topics including "prescription verification, intake process, product selection, dispensing and setup, documentation, billing, compliance and performance management," according to a news release. The workshop will take place 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. March 27 and participants will be able to take the certification exam 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. March 29;
- HME Reimbursement: It's a New Frontier, co-presented by Dan Fedor, compliance director at VGM, and Ronda Buhrmester, reimbursement specialist at VGM, will help attendees understand how better to navigate the tricky landscape of third-party reimbursement March 27, 8 a.m. – 2 pm; and
- Optimize Brightree, Best Practices for Your Business, hosted by Brightree Implementation Consultant Deb Mills, will offer "an advanced review of the many tools, reports and features in the Brightree system that are designed to manage all aspects of your business," according to information released by Medtrade. "This course will have a special emphasis on how to implement and utilize the features in Brightree to improve your day-to-day processes." The workshop will be held March 27, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Networking events include:
- The First-Time Attendee Orientation will be held in the Tradewinds E/F room Tuesday, March 27 at 8:30 am. The orientation is free and requires no additional registration;
- The Audit Happy Hour will be held Tuesday, March 27 5 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. in the Tradewinds E/F room. Sponsored by Mediware, Pride Mobility and The van Halem Group, the event will feature wine and beer and an opportunity to meet with audit experts for a Q&A. Pricing and registration information is available at medtrade.com;
- AAHomecare’s Washington Update will be held in room South Pacific E Wednesday, March 28 from 8 a.m. – 9:30 am. Speakers from AAHomecare will include President Tom Ryan, Senior Vice President of Public Policy Jay Witter and Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Kim Brummett. All attendees are welcome to attend this no-fee event;
- VGM will sponsor a Power Lunch in the South Pacific F roomby VGM. A list of power lunch topics is available here and information on pricing and seating availability is available here; and
- AAHomecare’s Stand Up for Homecare Fundraiser Reception will take place Wednesday, March 28, 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. in the South Pacific F room. "Stand Up for Homecare is a proactive campaign that gets positive, accurate information about the home medical equipment sector into the media and onto Capitol Hill," according to information released by MedTrade. "The reception is also a major networking event attended by key leaders in the HME community."
More information about the conference is available at medtrade.com.
Joshua Bolkan is a freelance writer specializing in various markets including education and healthcare. He can be reached at email@example.com.