HMEB Announces 2016 New Product Winners
Panel of provider judges recognizes 15 new products across categories ranging from respiratory to retail.
- By David Kopf
- Oct 13, 2016
HME Business has unveiled the winners of its 2016 New Product Awards competition today. In its third year, the HME Business New Product Award honors outstanding product development achievements by HME manufacturers and service providers.
This year, 15 winning products were selected across multiple categories:
- Beds & Support Surfaces — Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare, Harmony Tru Low Air Loss Tri Therapy Mattress Replacement
- Business Technology; Complete HME Management Solutions — Universal Software Solutions, HDMS Complex Items Companion
- Business Technology; Specialized Solutions — Accessible Home Improvement of America (AHIA), a division of the VGM Group, Inc., Live at Home Pro Mobile App
- Mobility; Power & Manual Wheelchairs (tie) — Motion Composites, APEX, and Sunrise Medical, Switch-It Dual Pro
- Mobility; Scooters — Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare, ZooMe Flex 4-Wheel Folding Travel Scooter
- Respiratory; In-Home Equipment — Applied Home Healthcare Equipment, The New 2016 OxyFill Liquid to Gas Medical Oxygen System
- Respiratory; Portable Equipment — Applied Home Healthcare Equipment, Five (5) Setting OxyGo Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC)
- Retail (tie) — Posey Company, Posey Protective Caps and URise Products, LLC, StandUp Walker
- Seating and Positioning (tie) — Motion Concepts, Invacare Matrx Elan Headrest, and Stealth Products, Tarta Original Backrest
- Sleep; Resupply Items & Related Sleep Products — Philips Respironics, Wisp Pediatric Mask
- Sleep; Therapy Systems — Philips Respironics, DreamStation PAP Therapy System
- Wound Care — Arion North America Inc., Easy-Slide Kids
Winners will receive awards and will be recognized at the 2016 Medtrade Fall Expo in Atlanta, which runs Nov. 1 to 3. They will also be featured in the December 2016 issue of HME Business magazine on www.HME-Business.com with in-depth coverage about the products.
A panel of experienced provider judges determined the winners with expertise across a variety of care and product categories.
Information about the 2017 HME Business New Product Award will be available at www.HME-Business.com in the spring of 2017.
David Kopf is the Publisher and Executive Editor of HME Business and DME Pharmacy magazines. Follow him on Twitter at @postacutenews.