A round-up of some of the latest retail-oriented HME products on the market that any provider can start offering to its cash sales customers.
Retail sales are all about product. Cash sales items have to appeal to
specific customers needs, and their appeal must be obvious. With HME provider
staff as busy as they are, it is critical that the product truly sell itself.
That means providers must stock product offerings that attract clients with clear
and obvious benefits. Ultimately, patients should take one look at these sorts of
products and think, “now why didn’t I think of that?”
And if they products are packaged in an eye-catching fashion, and the product
design is attractive, then the provider has something solid it can stock with reasonable
confidence that it will entice customers to buy it.
That’s what we call being “retail ready” and there are a wide variety of products that
fit the bill. Moreover, they come across a wide spectrum of DME product offerings.
They could be home access items, aids to daily living, bath safety offering, or related to
other “core” DME categories. The key is that they’re being sold on a cash basis.
Bearing that in mind, we’ve collected a number of “retail ready” product offerings
that should easily round out any provider’s line up of cash sales offerings. Let’s take
Portable Ramp Easy to Setup and Transport
SUITCASE Singlefold GF
- Available in five sizes, the ramp is lightweight and has a single-fold design.
- A full-length folding joint gives the ramp additional strength,
with a weight capacity of 660 pounds.
- The folded size of the ramp is 29 in. by 14.5 in.
by 2 in., and a carry bag is available.
Podiatrist-Designed Footbed In Every Pair
Vionic with Orthaheel footwear and orthotics
- Orthaheel technology provides proper alignment, which can help reduce common
aches and pains from the ground up.
- Podiatrist-designed support built seamlessly into contemporary and modern classics.
- Recognized by the American Podiatric
Medical Association (APMA). The APMA
seal of acceptance has been granted to
most Vionic products.
Vionic Group LLC
Reachers Help Avoid Patient Injury
- Three different reachers help users reach into tight spaces, grasp
objects in high spaces and pick up objects off the ground.
- A squeeze of the trigger closes the reacher’s jaws for a
- Deluxe reacher has 360 degree rotation.
Dressing Stick with Shoe Horn Helps Patients Avoid Bending
Padded Dressing Stick with Shoe Horn
- The padded dressing stick is 24 inches long and equipped with a plasticcoated
‘S’ hook that can be used for pulling on and pushing off clothes.
- At one end is a shoe horn that lets users slide on footwear without
bending or stooping.
- The shaft of the dressing stick provides users with a soft grip.
Drive Devilbiss Healthcare
Cane Holder Gives Patients Convenient Storage
CaneTUBE Cane Holder
- Tool-free fastening system is designed to work with any
round tubing 3/4 in. to 1-1/8 in. diameter.
- The cane holder snaps on easily and holds tight to most
walkers, rollators, power chairs, scooters and more.
- CaneTUBE is portable and stays on even when the walker/rollator is folded.
CaneTUBE by Easy Living Innovations
Adjustable CPAP Pillow Offers Four Heights
- Pillow’s height is easy to adjust by adding or removing layers of foam inside the
pillow, which helps minimize mask shifting, air leaks and facial pressure.
- The dual-sided design offers a choice of two sleep surfaces: plush memory foam and
- An 18-inch tether keeps the hose in place for undisrupted
Prefabricated Insoles Offer Personalized Foot Relief
- A new approach to prefabricated foot orthotics, prefabricated
DynaFlange delivers the same enhanced shock absorption
and dynamic energy return as the custom DynaFlange, but at a
- The device’s patented flange flexes during heel strike, storing
energy that is released during the subsequent phases of gait,
which positions the foot for optimal propulsion.
- Supports also improve center of pressure and stability through
all phases of the gait cycle, guiding the foot back to neutral
resulting in improved posture.
Apex Foot Health, an OHI Company
Compression Sleeve Relives Pain from Plantar Fasciitis
PediFix Relief Sleeve
- Compression sleeve helps to relieve heel and arch pain related to
plantar fasciitis, the irritation of the ligament that connects the heel to
- Sleeve compresses the arch in two directions: around the
mid-foot and lengthwise.
PediFix Footcare Company
This article originally appeared in the August 2016 issue of HME Business.