Medtrade, SIGVARIS Offer Compression Fitter Certification
Course will combine online course materials with pre-show training session at Medtrade Fall.
HME industry event Medtrade has collaborated with SIGVARIS Inc. to offer HME providers with online education to help staff become certified compression fitters.
The online educational session became available on Aug. 14 and is presented in tandem with a one-day seminar that will take place on Oct. 12 at Atlanta's Georgia World Congress Center as part of the pre-show conference for Medtrade, which runs from Oct. 12 to 15 at the center.
The online and live Basic Fitter Training Course instructs HME professionals on compression therapy's use in treating venous disease, lymphedema and other medical conditions.
The course offers two options:
- Attendees can take the online course devoted to venous anatomy and venous disease progression. After completing the online course, they can attend the afternoon session of the SIGVARIS training program at Medtrade’s pre-show conference on Oct. 12. Afternoon session attendance is mandatory for those who wish to receive SIGVARIS’ Fitter Certification and American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics or Board for Orthotist/Prosthetist Certification accreditation.
- Attendees can register to attend a full-day session of the SIGVARIS training program at Medtrade’s pre-show conference on October 12. The morning session will cover venous anatomy and venous disease progression. The afternoon session at Medtrade and will concentrate on product details, fitting tips and techniques, and the role of the fitter in the process. Full-day attendance is mandatory for those choosing Option Two who wish to receive SIGVARIS’ Fitter Certification and/or ABC/BOC accreditation.
“The format is designed to provide another option to attendees who are not able to travel to Atlanta in time for the morning session and for those who wish to participate in one of the other pre-show events," said Medtrade show director Kevin Gaffney. "We also look forward to offering more on-line educational opportunities in the future.”
SIGVARIS's one-day fitter seminars aim to provide the fitter of medical compression stockings with the needed medical knowledge to accurately measure, fit and select the appropriate product for patients with veno lymphatic disorders.
The interactive workshop will cover:
- Circulatory anatomy and physiology
- Venous and lymphatic disorders
- SIGVARIS product overview
- Measuring and fitting workshop
- Handling physician prescriptions
The cost to attend either option of the seminar is $40 and includes admittance to the Medtrade Expo. To register, please visit medtrade.com. For more information on the course, potential participants can visit the SIGVARIS Basic Fitter Training Seminar Web site at www.medtrade.com/medtrade/conference/online-ed.
“We are thrilled to partner with Medtrade to offer show attendees several options to expand their venous disease knowledge and compression therapy skills through either the online training program or full conference session,” said Charles Handschin, president and CEO of SIGVARIS.