Sleep Therapy has been anything but boring over
the last 16 months. Just as sleep providers started to
get their footing during the COVID-19 public health
emergency, along came the Philips device recall.
In both cases, sleep providers have had to deal with uncertain
supply chains while serving both existing patients and
onboarding new ones.
Moreover, when it comes to the public health emergency,
providers of sleep therapy equipment and services had to develop
new procedures and use new tools to safely and effectively provide
products and services to patients and coordinate with referrals.
While all that was happening, providers have to keep up to
speed with the market changes and innovations that have always
been part and parcel of the sleep therapy market. While the
public health emergency or a product recall might have created
gaps in some supplies, new masks, accessories, and other devices
and products have been getting released.
Likewise, there are a variety of business services and software
offerings on the market to help sleep therapy providers run more
efficient businesses, help their referral partners introduce new
patients to therapy, and ensure optimal outcomes.
So, bearing all that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the
products and services that have recently hit the market:
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust CPAP
CPAP with Bluetooth connectivity lets users monitor their health
The IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust CPAP uses a predictive algorithm that learns a user’s natural breathing pattern and then adjusts how much humidified air should be delivered. It also features built-in Bluetooth, which lets users synch their IntelliPAP 2 to the free SmarkLink app (available from the App Store or Google Play). With the app, users will receive simple, color-coded feedback on their therapy, frequent reports on usage, and reminders for machine maintenance and care. User data can also be sent to a healthcare provider at the user’s discretion.
Provent Sleep Therapy LLC
Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy
A unique, simple sleep therapy approach
- A disposable, nightly-use nasal device placed just inside the nostrils and held securely in place with hypoallergenic adhesive.
- Proprietary MicroValve design creates pressure when patients exhale to keep their airway open.
- Provent is small and disposable, making it discreet, convenient and travel friendly.
Sunset Healthcare Solutions
Tube and Filter Resupply
Custom packaging options to help resupply thrive
Sunset Healthcare Solutions Tube and Filter Resupply program offers a customizable CPAP kit with an entire three- or six-month supply of CPAP tubes, disposable and non-disposable filters. Kits may potentially include items from Sunset’s full line of CPAP products, such as masks and cushions.
Respura Boomerang Gel Pad
Pad offers additional comfort for CPAP users
- A nasal cushion that relieves pressure and skin irritation from CPAP masks.
- Comes in two sizes and can be washed with warm water using mild soap or with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Replacement recommended every 30 days.
Sleep Better Bed Wedges & 2-in-1 Comfort Leg Wedge
Inflatable wedges transform patients' sleep, HMEs' shelves
- Available in four sizes, the Sleep Better Bed Wedges and the 2-in-1 Leg Wedge provide doctor-recommend elevation.
- Offer relief from relief from conditions such as acid reflux, respiratory issues, snoring, blood pressure, hiatal hernia, migraines, back pain, circulation issues, edema, injuries, and surgery recovery.
- Providers can merchandise 16 or more of the slim packages on a 4 in. shelf
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
100FD Mask Series
100FD Mask Series adds comfort to full-face coverage
To make PAP therapy more comfortable, the 100FD Mask Series removes the forehead pad and replaces it with a soft silicon cushion with a frame stabilizer to evenly redistribute pressure over a large surface area. The series comes with two options, which includes the Trimline with a 15 mm diameter and the Economy with a 22 mm diameter.
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Telemedicine system connects providers, patients, physicians
- Helps sleep specialists and DME providers who want to conduct their first video consultations and follow-up visits.
- Comprises a web-based video platform and a patient self-pay feature that facilitates convenient, secure payments.
- Features an interactive sleep diary, sleep log and sleep questionnaires, and can sync with Fitbit sleep data to monitor and address patients’ sleep habits.
CPAP pillow overs multiple ways to drive cash
The CPAPMax Pillow helps patients reach and stay compliant by dramatically improving their sleep. The pillow has four adjustable heights, a dual-sided cover, plush fiberfill or 3D mesh, and ventilated foam to keep the user cool and comfortable. It is compatible with all mask types and accommodates all sleeping positions. It also has customized pillowcases that can be added to increase average sales, which are available in blue, beige, and white.
Tiny CPAP a game-changer for traveling sleep patients
ResMed’s AirMini might be small, but packs ResMed’s clinically proven sleep technology along with its comfort and ease-of-use features into a portable, pocket-sized device. ideal for traveling. It is available with ResMed’s proprietary AutoSet functionality, and a built-in humidification system for patient comfort.
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Inc.
Brevida Nasal Pillows Mask
Nasal pillows mask takes a unique approach to comfort
- A 2017 HMEB New Product of the Year Award winner, the mask is designed for compliance and built for comfort.
- Features innovative AirPillow seal which inflates to form a “pillow” of air in and around the nose for a gentle, effective seal.
- A washable air diffuser prevents exit air from escaping, which cuts noise and draft