Never underestimate the power of a good
night’s sleep, or the revenue opportunities of sleep therapy products as they
continue to evolve. While providing sleep therapy solutions requires investment
and clinical resources, it also offers considerable opportunity given the
growth of the marketplace.
The sleep industry has seen dramatic changes over the past years: Despite
the impact of competitive bidding, market data suggests that the industry
is growing as it finds more and more undiagnosed patient populations. The
sleep disordered breathing market is increasing with an annual growth rate
of between four to six percent (depending on which market research firm
you read), but in order to stay tapped into this growth you must supply your
patients with the most cutting-edge products.
When it comes to the fundamentals of sleep business success, embracing
technology is of the utmost importance. The industry has become more
connected and data-driven as a reflection of the world as a whole. Patients
are more inclined to buy a product if they can use a smart phone app to track
their nightly data and connect with their physician. Moreover, referring
physicians and other sleep therapy professionals want that level of connected
care. Providing that puts sleep-therapy HMEs in an advantageous position.
Comfort is another key to success in both compliance within the market.
Patients that need assistance in breathing while sleeping will go with the
provider that has a selection of devices and re-supply items that will help
them rest peacefully and without fuss. Stocking products that ensure a sound,
comfortable night’s rest creates customer relationships that will last a lifetime.<
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Inc.
F&P Showcases Family of Sleep Masks
The Fisher & Paykel family of sleep masks includes the Simplus, Eson 2, and Brevida. The Simplus incorporates three components: the RollFit Seal, ErgoForm Headgear and easy frame. The Eson features VisiBlue highlights that provide visual cues for more intuitive patient fitting and assembly. Lastly, Brevida features adjustable headgear and the AirPillow seal.
Human Design Medical
PowerShell with Extended Life Battery
Long-life battery doubles CPAP’s overnight battery
The PowerShell with Extended Life Battery integrates with the Z1 CPAP to become a fully integrated battery solution that lets patients take their CPAP therapy anywhere they want to go, even off the power grid. The New Extended Life Battery has twice the capacity of the original Overnight battery. For those patients who already own a PowerShell with the original battery, HDM will upgrade their PowerShell firmware with the purchase of an Extended Life Battery.
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust CPAP
CPAP with Bluetooth connectivity lets users monitor their health
The IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust CPAP uses a predictive algorithm that learns a user’s natural breathing pattern and then adjusts how much humidified air should be delivered. It also features built-in Bluetooth, which lets users synch their IntelliPAP 2 to the free SmarkLink app (available from the App Store or Google Play). With the app, users will receive simple, color-coded feedback on their therapy, frequent reports on usage, and reminders for machine maintenance and care. User data can also be sent to a healthcare provider at the user’s discretion.
Provent Sleep Therapy LLC
Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy
A unique, simple sleep therapy approach
- A disposable, nightly-use nasal device placed just inside the nostrils and held securely in place with hypoallergenic adhesive.
- Proprietary MicroValve design creates pressure when patients exhale to keep their airway open.
- Provent is small and disposable, making it discreet, convenient and travel friendly.
Sunset Healthcare Solutions
Tube and Filter Resupply
Custom packaging options to help resupply thrive
Sunset Healthcare Solutions Tube and Filter Resupply program offers a customizable CPAP kit with an entire three- or six-month supply of CPAP tubes, disposable and non-disposable filters. Kits may potentially include items from Sunset’s full line of CPAP products, such as masks and cushions.
Respura Boomerang Gel Pad
Pad offers additional comfort for CPAP users
- A nasal cushion that relieves pressure and skin irritation from CPAP masks.
- Comes in two sizes and can be washed with warm water using mild soap or with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Replacement recommended every 30 days.
Sleep Better Bed Wedges & 2-in-1 Comfort Leg Wedge
Inflatable wedges transform patients' sleep, HMEs' shelves
- Available in four sizes, the Sleep Better Bed Wedges and the 2-in-1 Leg Wedge provide doctor-recommend elevation.
- Offer relief from relief from conditions such as acid reflux, respiratory issues, snoring, blood pressure, hiatal hernia, migraines, back pain, circulation issues, edema, injuries, and surgery recovery.
- Providers can merchandise 16 or more of the slim packages on a 4 in. shelf
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
100FD Mask Series
100FD Mask Series adds comfort to full-face coverage
To make PAP therapy more comfortable, the 100FD Mask Series removes the forehead pad and replaces it with a soft silicon cushion with a frame stabilizer to evenly redistribute pressure over a large surface area. The series comes with two options, which includes the Trimline with a 15 mm diameter and the Economy with a 22 mm diameter.
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Telemedicine system connects providers, patients, physicians
- Helps sleep specialists and DME providers who want to conduct their first video consultations and follow-up visits.
- Comprises a web-based video platform and a patient self-pay feature that facilitates convenient, secure payments.
- Features an interactive sleep diary, sleep log and sleep questionnaires, and can sync with Fitbit sleep data to monitor and address patients’ sleep habits.
CPAP pillow overs multiple ways to drive cash
The CPAPMax Pillow helps patients reach and stay compliant by dramatically improving their sleep. The pillow has four adjustable heights, a dual-sided cover, plush fiberfill or 3D mesh, and ventilated foam to keep the user cool and comfortable. It is compatible with all mask types and accommodates all sleeping positions. It also has customized pillowcases that can be added to increase average sales, which are available in blue, beige, and white.