There are two must-haves for providers specializing
in compression: a wide range of custom product options for customers
and product expertise that can guide a patient toward the right sock or sleeve.
A balanced combination of the two will bring in lifelong customers whose
reorders can help an HME provider survive rough waters, including the tight
economic times during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Because the compression market caters to both patients with chronic conditions
and people who work long hours on their feet, there are many opportunities
for providers to connect with customers through a wide range of products
and services. Patient populations typically seeking compression include
diabetics, lymphedema patients and elderly people with venous diseases. In
addition, workers and athletes are seeking lighter compression hosiery and
sleeves so they can boost circulation in their extremities and diminish swelling.
This burgeoning customer base explains why providers must consistently
update their compression garment offerings with a variety of sizes, colors
and styles. Beyond focusing on expanding retail sales, providers should also
look to develop their expertise through compression fitter classes and online
training with manufacturers so patients keep coming back for more products
that give them consistent results.
Providers also have the opportunity to try new technology options that
measure customers with minimal contact involved – a potentially crucial tool
during an era where close contact with vulnerable patients may not be possible
for months to come. To learn more about the latest products and services available
on the compression market, read the sampling provided below.
The Katy T (Style 918) is a compression T shirt designed to provide additional compression for relief from axillary swelling. It is constructed of a double layer of fabric for comfortable compression. Pockets are sewn into the chest wall and the inside of the upper arm for placement of chip pads, swell spots or foam. Keep those items in place with a pocket. Great for travel, sleeping and active wear.
Comprefit Standard Calf & Foot
Lower limb garment strap system offers high range of adjustability for custom fit
- Compression system for foot and calf comes with
garment strap system that gives it high range of
adjustability for accurate fit.
- Overlapping bands mimic bandaging technique that
allows for fluctuations in limb fluid volume.
- Back spin of garment provides support and ensures firm,
SoftCompress Arm Liner
Liner serves as treatment aid for edema, prevents soft tissue fibrosis
- Liners worn under bandages, compression wraps
or garments can be used as effective treatment
aid for edema.
- Vertically stitched foam channels create
differences in pressure, promoting lymph
drainage and preventing soft tissue fibrosis.
- Has machine washable material and saves time
when applying bandaging.
ITA-MED Style H-500 Anti-Embolism Thigh Highs
Anti-embolism stockings manage symptoms for post-operation, elderly patients
- Light compression anti-embolism stockings help manage
symptoms for bedridden patients undergoing surgical
operations, particularly in elderly, neurological or
- Reduce possibility of venous stasis, deep vein thrombosis
and pulmonary embolism.
- Made with soft, gentle microfiber material makes for daily
Merry-Jane Diabetic Support Sock
Diabetic socks feature nano bamboo charcoal fiber padding for comfort
- Company specializing in diabetic footwear sells
wide variety of socks for men and women’s
preferences, specifically catering to styles like no-show
and dress socks.
- Nano bamboo charcoal fiber padding included in
heel and forefoot for maximum comfort.
- Y toe gores eliminates bunching, with ankle socks
providing light arch support and durable cuff in
variety of colors.
Opaque Knee High for Him & Her Socks
Distinct 'his and hers' styles available for wide range of compression patients
- Manufacturer offers distinct styles of socks for
compression customers: Alex For Him, Alex For Him & Her, and Alex For Her.
- Styles range from thigh-high and pantyhose to knee-high
and trouser socks with compression ranges from
15-20 MmHg to 30-40 MmHg.
- Accessories can include SockAid, which helps patients
put on socks and stockings without bending over.
Custom fitting software minimizes contact, ensures accurate fit
- Software blends digital scanning, encryption
and B2B technologies to create first fully
integrated patient measuring experience.
- Minimal contact custom fitting process
eliminates pulling and prodding of tape
measurements and is fully mobile.
- Ordering garments is made easier with 3-D
image created during consultation.
EVERSHEER combines fashion and compression
Compression hosiery does not typically go well with
business or formal dress. EVERSHEER, however, offers
medical graduated compression hosiery that is both fashionable
and comfortable. EVERSHEER comes in seven
different colors: Dark Navy, Natural, Sun Tan, Café, Mocha,
Nightshade and Black. New colors Toasted Almond and
Warm Sand will be available in September. This hosiery
is ideally suited for pre- and post- vein treatment with
minimal edema patients who prefer fashionable options.
Juzo Compression Wrap
Compression wrap gives versatile options
- Features short stretch for greater resistance against muscle contraction.
- Gap resistant with special notches to resist gapping and bulk.
- Removable hook fastener makes the wrap safe for machine washing and drying and makes it reversible by moving hook and loop fastener to the opposite side of the garment.
GABRIALLA Style PMS-805 Post-mastectomy Compression Arm Sleeve
Sleeve helps post-mastectomy patients heal
- Doctors recommend graduated compression to promote faster healing post-mastectomy.
- Fits the right or left hand and arm, providing a firm compression of 20-30 mmHg.
- Provides coverage from palm to shoulder and includes a shoulder strap for better support and increased comfort.