Providers Flock to ATHOMES Spring Conference
Tennessee association sees increased turnout for its annual two-day conference featuring a variety of industry speakers.
- By David Kopf
- May 30, 2019
The Association for Tennessee Home Oxygen & Medical Equipment Services (ATHOMES) recently wrapped it’s 2019 Spring Conference and enjoyed its largest turnout in two years, the association recently reported.
The conference was held May 6 and 7 at power and manual mobility manufacturer Permobil’s Lebanon, Tenn. Headquarters, and featured a variety of education sessions over the two-day event. Speakers included:
- Virginia Carraher, BSN, senior quality and production manager with C2C Innovative Solutions
- Mark J. Higley, vice president of regulatory affairs for VGM Group Inc.
- Ronda Buhrmester, Director of Reimbursement for VGM
- Amber Casteel, BSM, CCM, manager of authorization services for Blue Care of Tennessee
- Wayne van Halem, president and founder of The Van Halem Group
The full rundown of speakers is available in a PDF of the event agenda.
“The knowledge and information provided at this year's ATHOMES Spring Conference was not only important to the day-to-day operation of any DMEPOS supplier, but to the future growth and change of our businesses,” said Tennessee provider Charles Satterfield. “New opportunities are here and more are coming. Those who seize those opportunities will help mold the future of our industry.”
The association’s next event will be the 2019 ATHOMES Fall Conference, which will run Sept. 24 and 25 in Nashville, Tenn.
David Kopf is the Publisher and Executive Editor of HME Business and DME Pharmacy magazines. Follow him on Twitter at @postacutenews.