Sleep Therapy Product Solutions
A look at some of the most recent sleep therapy products on the market.
- By Sydny Shepard
- Nov 01, 2017
Despite the impact of competitive bidding, market data suggests that the sleep therapy industry is growing as it finds more and more undiagnosed patient populations. The sleep disordered breathing market is increasing with an annual growth rate of between 4 to 6 percent (depending on which market research firm you read), but in order to stay tapped into this growth you must supply your patients with the most cutting-edge products.
When it comes to the fundamentals of sleep business success, embracing technology is of the utmost importance. The industry has become more connected and data-driven as a reflection of the world as a whole. For instance, patients are more inclined to use a product if they can use a smart phone app to track their nightly data and connect with their physician.
Also your sleep business should strive to connect with patients through marketing and education. Patients must be informed about sleep conditions, and informed about their care, so that they can take control of managing their condition and complying with therapy. This will mean successful outcomes and long-term relationships with both patients and referral partners.
Moreover, providers should focus on using various “platforms” on which to deliver their education, such as community events, email campaigns and social networking.
Comfort is another key to success in both therapy and business. Patients that need assistance in breathing while sleeping will go with the provider that has a selection of devices and re-supply items that will help them rest peacefully and without fuss. Stocking products that ensure a sound, comfortable night’s rest creates customer relationships that will last a lifetime.
As you go forward with growing your sleep business, here are some of the latest products to consider:
Tiny CPAP a game-changer for traveling sleep patients
- AirMini packs ResMed’s clinically proven sleep technology along with its comfort and ease-of-use features into a sleek, portable, pocket-sized device that is ideal for traveling.
- Available with ResMed’s proprietary AutoSet functionality.
- Built-in humidification system for patient comfort.
Reliable, convenient sleep therapy on-the-go
- Discreet, slim-profile device weighs less than two pounds.
- Features a built-in power supply that helps to limit the number of components to pack.
- At half the size of Philips’ previous generation devices, DreamStation Go delivers the same clinically-proven performance and comfort for reliable, convenient therapy on-the-go.
CPAP mask liners allow for more comfortable sleep
RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liners
- Cost effective way to help patients achieve success with their CPAP therapy.
- Naturally absorbent fibers act as a barrier between patient and mask, keeping oil and moisture away from the silicone cushion, reducing cleaning time.
- Greatly reduce noisy air leaks, allows use of bedtime moisturizer, assists in holding mask in place and reduces the necessity for tight headgear.
Naturs Design Inc.
CPAP mask comes in different sizes to allow optimal fit
CM036 Deluxe Nasal Pillow Mask
- Comes with small, medium and large pillows and headgear.
- The mask is easy to fit, assemble and maintain while three different pillow sizes help to fit contour to the face for a more comfortable rest.
- The 360-degree rotational elbow with flexible silicone tube helps the patient to maintain convenience of use while also sleeping soundly due to quiet vent design.
Sunset Healthcare Solutions Inc.
CPAP mask offers comfort and quiet ventilation
Numa Full-Face Mask
- Two-piece construction with superior sealing means effortless patient comfort.
- Design balances soft comfort and quiet ventilation with self-adjusting forehead.
- Received FDA clearance and is now available for immediate ordering.
3B Medical Inc.
Kit offers everything needed to set up new patients
DreamEasy CPAP Nasal Mask Starter Kit
- Includes the DreamEasy Nasal CPAP Mask with headgear, seals and an easy-to-use sizing guide.
- Sizing guide eases fitting and kit includes small, medium and large Comfort Cushion seals.
- Flexible design is airtight and offers freedom of movement while maintaining a secure fit.
Compass Health Brands
This article originally appeared in the November 2017 issue of HME Business.
Sydny Shepard is the Products Editor for HME Business and Mobility Management and can be reached via email at SShepard@1105media.com. Sydny Shepard is a 2015 graduate of Baylor University in Waco, Texas, where she majored in journalism, public relations and new media with a concentration in marketing and management. She has worked with several for-profit and non-profit organizations to increase brand awareness through no-cost marketing tactics.