Auto Access Product Solutions
A round-up of recent market entries for helping patients to hit the road.
The desire to heed the siren song of the open road is part of the American spirit, and patients with limited mobility want to travel as much as any one else. Fortunately manufacturers have developed a wide variety of auto access products to let their clients fulfill their need for speed.
Not only do auto access products let customers experience the liberating feeling of hitting the road, but it also substantially increases their day-to-day ability to live their lives with pronounced independence. Auto access products provide both simple and more complex opportunities for providers to give their clients what everyone ultimately wants: more freedom.
Here is a look at some of the industry’s latest auto access products.
Rotating Vehicle Seat
Compact Lift-Up Seat
• The fully-powered automotive seat rotates out of the vehicle to a desired height from the ground.
• It comes in a variety of fabrics and leather to match the vehicle interior.
• The device can be installed in several Toyota and Lexus models.
Bruno Independent Living Aids
A Lift for SUVs
• The lift fits in most SUVs with a 31-inch opening height and includes an industrial-rated 12-volt motor and battery back.
• It has a 37-inch drop and a 350-pound weight capacity.
• A custom vehicle false floor is available for certain vehicles.
Pride Mobility Products Corp.
Car Handle Holds More Than Just a Key
Metro Car Handle Plus
• The device incorporates a sleek, ergonomic design, a secret spare key compartment and window ice scraper.
• A high-intensity beam and crime blocker security alarm are included.
• Fits securely into a car’s striker and supports up to 400 pounds.
Ramp Provides Extra Traction
Suitcase Signature Series Ramp
• Contains a no pinch, non-protruding full length live hinge and durable handles.
• Enhanced extruded tread provides traction and is Top Lip Extension compatible.
• Ramp is available in 2- to 8-foot lengths with an 800-pound weight capacity.
Foldable Ramp Installs Easily into MiniVans
• Designed to be used in minivans with no required vehicle conversion.
• Ramp unfolds automatically and supports up to 1,000 pounds.
• May be used manually in case of a power failure.
Swiveling Car Seat
• The fully articulating seat mechanism moves forward and backward, rotates right and left and moves outside of the vehicle.
• Installs in sedans, minivans, full-size vans, SUVs, pick-up trucks and crossovers.
• Programmable system provides maximum leg room and a 400-pound. weight capacity.
Freedom Lift Corp.
This article originally appeared in the March 2009 issue of HME Business.