Amoena and Juzo Sponsor Launch POWER Symposium
Conference event aims to re-energize business among industry retailer.
- By Joseph Duffy
- Jan 11, 2011
Specialty retailers catering to wellness needs have a new opportunity to gain knowledge and grow their business at an upcoming conference designed exclusively for their industry.
Breast care design and manufacturing companyAmoena, and compression garment maker Juzo are sponsoring the first annual Providing Opportunities for Wellness, Health and Renewal (POWER) Symposium, geared toward Durable Medical Equipment (DME) providers, women’s and hospital boutiques, Orthotics and Prosthetics practitioners (O&Ps), and medical centers. The Symposium will be held at Paris/Bally’s, Las Vegas, March 6 - 8, 2011.
The three-day symposium will span topics ranging from surgical trends to business solutions and feature workshops that address the needs of consumers, with a special focus on women. The schedule includes:
- A variety of advanced educational courses approved for CEU credits
- Q&A workshops hosted by representatives from Medicare and the Board of Certification/Accreditation, International (BOC) to explain accreditation; medical record documentation; coverage; claims submission and more
- Sessions examining current surgical trends in today’s vein practices, breast surgery and lymphedema, and the products that promote recovery
- A fashion show featuring the latest products from a variety of suppliers, including Amoena and Juzo
- Discounts for attendees at the Retail Zone, a unique buying experience in a mock retail setting
“Attendees will gain real business insights and have the opportunity to explore trends with leading authorities in the field,” says Tom Musone, marketing director, Juzo. “We are all coming together with a shared purpose – to promote wellness through products and services.”
The event keynote speaker, Carolyn Finch, MS SLP, will share how wellness plays into business success and other ways to positively impact retailers’ bottom line. Finch is the author of Universal Handtalk and co-author of the Wellness Path and Dynamic Health. Finch has been a medical researcher and health care practitioner for more than 25 years and has studied the behavior of more than 100 rare diseases, holistic health and nutrition. She is a kinesiologist, nutritionist and speech/language pathologist, and applies her expertise from business, education and the medical world to health and business knowledge, providing audiences with practical valuable information.
The complete list of speakers and the symposium schedule is available at www. thepowersymposium.com/schedule.html. To learn more or register, visit www.ThePowerSymposium.com.
Joseph Duffy is a freelance writer and marketing consultant, and a regular contributor to HME Business and Respiratory & Sleep Management. He can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.