Power chairs provide mobility to a wide variety of patient
groups. From individuals with temporary injuries to those with
long-term and life-long disabilities, such as ALS, muscular dystrophy
and MS, benefit from using power wheelchairs.
The industry is in the midst of upheaval because of funding cuts
and legislative regulation. The major, recent hits to power mobility
have come with the ongoing tribulation of competitive bidding, as well
as the recently passed healthcare reform legislation: the elimination of
the first-month purchase option; the manufacturer’s excise tax; the rebid
of Round One of competitive bidding, and the expansion of Round
Two competitive bidding program, which covers standard power
mobility (complex rehab fortunately was carved out of the program).
Despite these changes in the business environment, the potential
power chair client base is a demographic whose numbers are growing
at an exceptional rate. Statistically, baby boomers, which constitute
27 percent of the U.S. population, are turning 62 at a rate of
365 people per hour. Their increasing numbers make the standard
power mobility market a very viable segment industry
Innovation in Motion
- Mid-wheel pediatric power wheelchair
offers off-road maneuverability with two
1,300-watt, four-pole motors.
- Power seating options include a 50-degree tilt-in-space angle, a 12" seat
elevator, power elevated leg rests and
non-shearing power recline.
- Features a computer-assisted driving
system, mid-wheel knobby tires, a
passive steering system and a 400-lb.
Rehab Seating System
Fantasy RT P17RT
- Aluminum-framed pediatric power wheelchair
is available with adjustable seat
depths and widths.
- Equipped with a rehab seating system, a
power tilt seat, an anti-tipper rear caster
and a 220-lb. weight capacity.
- Operates at a maximum speed of 3.8
mph, with a 4,600-rpm motor and VSI
Variety of Seat Options
- The front-wheel drive power wheelchair is
equipped with a single stage motor, low
seat-to-floor height and two speed packages
in five or seven mph.
- The unit features a wide footplate for foot
position flexibility and indoor and outdoor
- Available with a rehab seat, tilt,
tilt/recline, tilt/recline/elevate and tilt/
Heavy Duty Chair Comes with Interchangeable Panel Colors
The Golden Compass Heavy Duty version has a 450-lb. weight capacity, a 20”x20” captain’s seat and a Dynamic Shark 75 amp fully programmable controller. It can reach a maximum speed of 4 mph, has a 12-mile range and has a tight 20” turning radius. Available in red, blue, black and green, the Compass HD’s shroud design lets users change the color of the base. The chair’s links system frame design maintains all six wheels on the ground at all times, providing for greater stability.
Golden Compass HD(800) 624-6374
Powerful, Sleek Power Chair
The Q614 has enhanced in-line motors and advanced ATX Suspension. It is fully compatible with a broad range of seating and electronic options including the Q-Logic and NE+ controllers. It can go up to 13 miles per charge and has a weight capacity of 300 pounds. (866) 800-2002
Pride Mobility Products
Pride Mobility Releases New Jazzy with More Maneuverability
The Jazzy 614HD features enhanced in-line motors, advanced ATX suspension, and powerful electronics at an affordable price. The device has a 450 lb. weight capacity and 6-inch casters on the front and rear wheels for maximum stability. It also features an Activ-Trac® ATX Suspension for enhanced performance over more varied terrain. The 614HD also has a tool-less shroud removal and a depth adjustable foot platform. (800) 800-8586
Innovation in Motion
• The X4 Extreme is a true 4-wheel drive power chair that easily traverses sand, snow and mud.
• Power comes with 6” curb-climbing ability and a top speed of 5.5 mph.
• Options include a power seat elevator, 55-degree tilt-in-space, power recline and a power-elevating leg rest.
Pride Mobility Products
Bridging the Gap
Pride Silver Star Lifts and Ramps
• New solid ramps from Pride Silver Star Lifts and Ramps provide long-term access for mobility devices to a variety of environments.
• The 30-inch ramps are lightweight but strong, with a weight capacity of 600 lbs., and are available in 2-, 3-, 4-, 5- and 18-foot lengths.
• The ramps offer built-in traction control and are slotted for moisture drainage.(800) 800-8586
Graham-Field Health Products, Inc.
Ride in Style
Everest CTR 1000
• The power chair comes in a variety of colors including red, black, blue and silver with black and gray seating.
• The device has both front- and rear-wheel drive with 20-inch and 30-inch turning radii, respectively.
• The CTR 1000 has features such as airless wheels and adjustable width arms, and uses PG Drives Electronics. (800) 347-5678
• The TDX SI features 14-inch drive tires, 22NF battery tray and a new two-pole motor.
• The device’s simplified SureStep suspension provides a front caster range of motion of three-inches up and two-inches down.
• The seating configurations available on the TDX SI are Rehab or Captains seat, as well as the Invacare Formula powered tilt.(440) 329-6393