The proliferation of oxygen generating portable equipment (OGPE),
such as transfilling cylinder systems and portable oxygen concentrators
(POCs) has been advantageous for both providers and patients alike.
For patients, POCs greatly expands their ability to get around,
even flying on airplanes, without having to wrangle heavy tanks. For
providers, non-delivery and retail oxygen sales buoyed by demand for
POCs have respectively become ways to slash delivery overhead, and to
diversify their payer mix to be less dependent on Medicare in the future.
Participating in POC retail sales gives oxygen providers the opportunity
to offset Medicare reimbursement changes, improve cash flow and gain
experience with the various POCs available today.
On the non-retail side of the industry, oxygen providers serving
Medicare patients need to be aware of the industry’s growing frustration
with audits, which have oxygen claims firmly fixed in their sites. NHIC
Corp.’s recently published results of a widespread prepayment review
of claims for oxygen and oxygen equipment (HCPCS E1390, E0431 and
E0439) in Jurisdiction A says that out of 818 claims submitted by 357
suppliers, the charge denial rate was 46.7 percent. In another example
in Jurisdiction D, Noridian Administrative Services reports that the
results of a review of the claims for oxygen concentrators, code E1390,
identified 4,783 claims of which 3,501 were denied. This is a denial rate
of 74 percent.
- The 30-lb. unit features 5 lpm continuous flow, a 290-watt power efficiency and a 40 dB noise level.
- The alarm notifies users if the unit has a power failure, low oxygen concentration or high and low pressures.
- Portable concentrator can be used for travel.
Responsive Respiratory Inc.
Oxygen Carry Cases
- Fits most manufacturers’ portable
liquid oxygen units and features
heavy duty construction, comfortable
padded straps and a streamlined
- Newly added to the cylinder case
offering are two sizes of back packs,
a fanny pack, walker/wheelchair bags
and soft-sided carry totes.
- Designed to be multi-use and all
styles are easily converted (via the
included shoulder strap) to a side
OxiClip PC 20
- Features a small, portable design for use with stationary liquid oxygen systems and gaseous oxygen cylinders with a 20-psi regulator.
- Permits travel up to 100 feet from the oxygen source without compromising sensitivity, trigger time or speed of delivery.
- Provides demand flow based on patient initiation and pneumatic power.
Ultra-lightweight portable oxygen concentrator
Significantly lighter than any other portable oxygen solution, the 1.5-pound FreeStyle Focus addresses the oxygen prescription needs of the majority of respiratory patients. The Focus portable oxygen concentrator uses a pulseflow setting of 2 lpm equivalency. The external micro-battery provides advanced duration times in a very small device that easily attaches to one’s hip, on a belt or to the unit’s shoulder bag. The unit can be used and the battery charged with a universal power supply that connects to AC/DC power.
Hi Flow Stroller
- Stroller has a 1.23-liter liquid capacity and 15 lpm flow rate.
- Features side and top fill connections, an LED meter and a durable soft case.
- The grip strap is designed for shoulder and hand carrying, and can be removed for cleaning.
BiFlo Nasal Mask
- Serves as an alternative for oxygen
therapy patients who are unable to
tolerate a cannula or for those patients
who have recurring necrosis.
- Offers PaO2 and FiO2 values that are
comparable with those receiving oxygen
with a conventional nasal cannula.
- Delivers a gentle flow of oxygen unlike a
nasal cannula, which jets oxygen into the
Responsive Respiratory Inc.
Catalog details oxygen cylinder cart and rack offerings
Cylinder Storage and Transport Solutions Guide
The Cylinder Storage and Transport Solutions Guide features RRI’s full
line of oxygen cylinder carts and
racks. The guide is segmented by
cylinder size and targeted usage
in an easy to use format, allowing
quick reference for transport and
storage options for all cylinder sizes
for patient/office, warehouse and
industrial/heavy duty requirements.
The cart and rack catalog complements
the new full line oxygen solutions
catalog, which features RRI’s full line of oxygen products including
conservers, regulators, cylinder carry cases and disposables.
evo Medical Solutions
SmartDose Oxygen Conserving Technology
- Features oxygen
that continuously monitors
- Adjusts dosing to match
activity at every single
- Achieves maximum
conservation effi ciency by
automatically adjusting the
oxygen dose down at lower
Compact Conserving Device
PD1000 PulseDulse LT
- Features a lightweight design, is rate
responsive and automatically adjusts to
higher breath rates.
- Delivers a 16.5 ml bolus of oxygen at
the edge of inspiration and responds by
delivering more oxygen when a patient’s
- Comes constructed for everyday use with
casing made of GE Lexan impact-resistant
Fly freely with transportable concentrator
SOLO2 Transportable Concentrator
Invacare Corp. SOLO2 Transportable Concentrator is now approved for use onboard
passenger aircrafts. The concentrator features
continuous flow at 1-3 LPM and pulse dose at 1-5.
Small, quiet and reliable, it comes standard with
a wheeled cart, Invacare Sensi-Pulse Technology
and battery, AC or DC operation for patient