Incontinence, the loss of bladder or bowel control, is often an
uncomfortable and embarrassing condition for patients to discuss,
which makes it difficult for providers to offer treatment.
According to the National Association for Continence, urinary
incontinence affects 200 million people worldwide, of which 75
percent to 80 percent are women. One-third of men and women
who are 30 to 70 years old have experienced loss of bladder control
at some point in their lives.
There are varying forms and degrees of incontinence, from having
partial to total loss of control. Thus, there are many ways to manage
the problem, including medication, catheters or using adult size
diapers (cloth and disposables).
With the aging of the population, incontinence is a fast-growing
segment of the market with product sales representing repeat business.
For the healthcare industry, incontinence is estimated to be a $2
billion market. HME providers can offer expert advice and treatments
as opposed to the big box retailers who may only sell solutions for
patients to “self-treat.” An additional benefit of seeking assistance
from providers is that they offer more privacy and have a larger
number of solutions over a mainstream retailer or chain pharmacy.
Underwear That Addresses Unique Needs of Men and Women
Depend Underwear for Men and Women
- Gender-specific absorbent adult underwear tailored to men’s and women’s body shapes.
- Male- and female-specific leg openings
and absorbent material is positioned
where needed most.
- Color-coded packaging includes an
absorbency scale and sizing chart.
Attends Healthcare Products
Attends XX-Large Accommodates Larger Users
Attends XX-Large Breathable Briefs and Protective Underwear
- XXL size is available for Breathable Briefs and
- Breathable Briefs fit 63 in. to 70 in., and feature
breathable side panels and moisture-proof lining.
- Underwear now fits 58 in. to 68 in., and feature
breathable material and tear-away sides.
Pride Mobility Products
Lift Chair Fabric is Comfortable and Durable
Crypton Super Fabric
Pride Mobility’s Crypton Super Fabric is designed for lift chairs. The durable fabric resists spills, stains, odors and bacteria, and is EPA-approved disinfectable when used in conjunction with the Crypton Disinfectant and Deodorizer. The product features an integrated fiber process and moisture barrier that keeps cushions clean and dry. The fabric is available in nine colors.
Principle Business Enterprise
Contour Pad Protects Garments
Topliner Booster Super-Plus Contour Pad
The Tranquility Products Topliner Booster Super-Plus Contour Pad is designed for bariatric patients. The unit provides 27.5 ounces of absorbency to increase the capacity of the user’s primary garment. The flow-through pad fills to capacity and then passed additional fluid to the primary garment. The cost-effective product extends the use of a brief, resulting in fewer changes and reduced laundry.
Cushion Has Multiple Layers
- Features a high-density molded foam
base, a viscoelastic top layer and foam
insert, an inner liner for incontinence, a
3-millimeter ACM solid seat insert and a
moisture wicking four-way stretch cover.
- Designed to provide pressure management
- Has a 650-pound weight capacity and is
available in sizes up to 32 inches by 28
TENA Incontinence Management Products by SCA
TENA Skin-Caring Products
Specially formulated for the most delicate skin, the full line of TENA solutions, including for incontinence care, can help improve skin health while making caring for the skin easier and less stressful for incontinent clients.
Adult Brief Provides Comfortable Protection
Unique Wellness’s WellnessBrief adult briefs are designed for individuals who experience incontinence. The product is designed to absorb wetness, lock liquid away from the user’s skin, negate odor and prevent skin irritation and urinary tract infections. The brief holds up to 87 ounces of liquid and is designed to be changed two to three times a day.
Disposable Adult Briefs
• These briefs offer enhanced odor control and a dryer feel.
• The standing inner-leg gathers improve containment.
• The briefs are available in small, medium, regular, large, extra large and xx-large. (818) 344 3322
Birchwood Laboratories Inc.
Comfort and Confidence
• The anal leakage pads provide a discreet, simple and sanitary solution for managing mild fecal incontinence.
• The pads are highly absorbent – up to 10-milliliter leakage per pad.
• The material acts as a breathable moisture barrier that helps minimize chapped, cracked and irritated skin while helping to prevent burning and itching. (800) 328-6156
Colonial Medical Assisted Devices
Disposable Bags for Protective Undergarments
• Freshly scented Fresh Sacks are formulated to neutralize odors for protective undergarment disposal.
• The peach color discreetly conceals content.
• The EZ-tie handles form an airtight seal.