Bath safety is a critical concern given that more than 80 percent
of home accidents occur in the bathroom, which is considered
to be the most dangerous room in the house according to the National
Moreover, Bath safety is a service that spans across multiple,
major patient groups, such as geriatric, bariatric and mobility patients,
to name a few. This means that providing bath safety involves
addressing a number of very different and distinct patient requirements
Bath safety solutions include products such as grab bars, which
should be strategically located in and around the bathing area,
as well as around the toilet. Bathing solutions range from simple
solutions such as bathing stools or benches that patients can use in
conjunction with a handheld shower to protect against falls, all the
way to complex transfer chairs and lifts to help patients get in and
out showers and tubs. And, of course, there are general items, such
as non-slip material or strips and similar household items.
The result is a cornucopia of patient-specific safety items that
patients truly need, and that can be sold on a retail basis, thus buttressing
provider cash flow in the face of declining Medicare reimbursement.
Here are some great solutions that can help you protect
your patients — and your bottom line:
Urine Deflector Keeps Toilets Clean
MaddaGuard Splash Guard
Maddak’s MaddaGuard Splash Guard is a toilet accessory that directs the flow of urine to the toilet. The unit is constructed of durable plastic and is designed not to stain, rust or peel. The extrahigh, extra-wide design fits most elevated and regular toilet seats. The urine deflector is useful for instances when a man needs to urinate from a sitting position, instead of a standing position.
Bath Safe Maddak LLC
Rotating Seat Takes Stress out of Showering
The Bath Safe Rotating Shower Stool is a round rotating stool that is sized to fit in stand-up shower stalls and is made of durable plastic. The rotating seat swivels in both directions and makes it easier for users to get in and out of the stall, while reducing the chance of slipping and falling. The Rotating Shower Stool has a large seating area and legs that are adjustable in 1 inch increments. (973) 628-7600
Comfortable Transfer Bench
• The tool-less transfer bench helps make transfers in and out of the bathtub safer and more comfortable.
• Its anodized aluminum frame is rust resistant and has an arm rail for support and non-marring rubber tips. • The bench can be adjusted in half-inch increments. .
Drive Medical Design and Manufacturing
Bathing Made Easy
Otter Bath Chair
• The product is covered in removable, washable fabric and is available in three sizes.
• The Otter includes an adjustable head stabilizer, two positioning straps and two leg straps.
• The design lets clients make seat and back adjustments with one hand.
Homecare By Moen
Get in and out of the Tub with Ease
Premium Transfer Bench
• The bench has a wide-post leg with anti-slip rubber feet and has a 400 lb. weight capacity.
• An ergonomically designed back and seat with a curved end offers support and comfort.
• The product passed 23 independent safety tests and is backed by a lifetime limited warranty. (800) 321-8809
Care Giver Support Products, LLC
Shower on the Go
FAWSsit Foldaway Wheelchair Shower
• The FAWSsit is a portable, self-contained shower with a shower head, drain pan and pump.
• The shower can be set up anywhere there is access to warm water and an electrical outlet.
• Bariatric, Tall and Recliner models are available. (877) 329-7748
The Retail Sliding Transfer Bench’s seat and wide back glide smoothly into position and lock automatically. A steadying handgrip, soap tray and handheld shower slots are all included.
• Tool-free assembly.
• Multi-height capability fits most tubs.
• Rust-free aluminum construction with stainless steel hardware.
Booth Number: 3662
Space-Saving Support Rail
Curve Grab Bar
• The bar is a space-saving support rail that helps the user rise from a sitting position with four handgrips at four different heights.
• It locks into place every 45 degrees and also can be locked flat against the wall when not in use.
• The product is made of rust-resistant, zinc-plated steel, and it installs into two wall studs.
Hand Grip Makes Bathrooms More Secure and Stylish
The stainless-steel Luxury Grab Bar does not look institutional and has a sleek designer appeal.
• The bar meets all ADA guidelines.
• It comes complete with mounting hardware.
• The product is available in 14- and 28-inch lengths.(800) 901-5269
Booth Number: 617
Bathtub Lift Stores Easily
The Archimedes is a lightweight, actuator-driven bathtub lift that gives users support and comfort. The lift separates into three parts when disassembled, making it easier to store. Its high backrest and longer seat provide extra support.
• Easy to clean.
• Dual action suction cup release system.
• Heaviest part weighs only 11.5 lbs. (800) 901-5269
Booth Number: 617