Essentially Women Slates Expo, Conference for April
Focus on the Future to run April 19 to 21 in Lousiville, Ky.
- By David Kopf
- Feb 05, 2010
Women’s healthcare product group purchasing organization Essentially Women for will host its 10th annual educational conference and tradeshow, Focus on the Future 2010, from April 19 to 21 in Louisville, Ky.
The event will feature exhibits from manufacturers and distributors of women’s healthcare products, including the introduction of new product lines and exclusive show specials. Also the show will include a social reception geared to foster networking amongst colleagues.
The conference offers training, education and skill development sessions that will touch on a various topics including:
- Accreditation, compliance, red flag rules
- Effective and legal sales and marketing strategies
- Improving cash flow and profitability
- Merchandising and advertising
- Personal and professional development
- Reimbursement strategies
- Social networking
- Specialty product training and education
- Winning customer service strategies
Featured sessions include:
- “The Power of Positive Leadership,” presented by Rob Bell, which cover the difference between management and leadership, characteristics of excellent leaders, techniques to energize a provider’s team and how to involve everyone to identify opportunities and polish to customer’s experiences.
- “Looking for Laughter in All the Wrong Places,” presented by Scott Burton, a motivational speaker who shares insights from his cancer battle and radical leg surgery.
- “Trends in Breast Cancer Treatment: An Overview of Medical Therapy and Surgical Trends,” from Dr. Kenneth Miller, the Co-Director of Oncology at Yale-New Haven Hospital and Assistant Professor of Medicine at Yale University. The session will discuss the history of treating breast cancer as well as new developments in surgical oncology and what the future holds for both treatment and reconstruction.
- “Reimbursement Essentials for the Mastectomy Fitter,” presented by Andrea Stark, who will discuss Medicare’s current coverage criteria and reimbursement policies for breast prosthesis and lymphedema pumps. Topics to be covered include modifier usage and coding as well as documentation and delivery requirements. Time will be allotted for a Q&A session at the end of the seminar.
- “Experience Your Greatness — Personally & Professionally,” by Heather Woody. Who will discuss how HME professionals can motivate themselves to stay at the top of their game.
David Kopf is the Editor of HME Business.